Prisma Health offers flu shot clinics for parents and kids
With the coming flu season colliding with a still-active COVID-19 pandemic, getting a flu shot has never been more important. It’s easy and readily available at pharmacies across the Upstate, but at drive-through sites, you don’t even have to get out of your car. Get all the details about upcoming Prisma Health sites at www.prismahealth.org/flu.
All Prisma Health hospital-based drive-through COVID-19 testing sites in the Upstate offer flu immunizations, including sites at Greenville Memorial Hospital, Baptist Easley Hospital, Greer Memorial Hospital, Laurens County Memorial Hospital and Oconee Memorial Hospital. Insurance is processed at these sites, since most policies cover vaccinations, but a discount is available for self-pay patients. Everyone participating in the flu vaccine clinics must wear a mask.
· Greenville Memorial Hospital, weekdays, 7 a.m.-2:30 p.m.; Saturdays, 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
· Baptist Easley Hospital, weekdays, 8 a.m.-noon.
· Laurens County Memorial Hospital, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8 a.m.–12 p.m.
· Oconee Memorial Hospital, Tuesdays, 7-11 a.m.
· Greer Memorial Hospital, weekdays, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Free flu vaccines
A limited number of free flu vaccines will also be offered at the following locations. Additional sites may be added as well. Children ages 6 and older who are able to tolerate an injection without assistance may be able to receive flu vaccinations at the free community events. Younger children or those needing more assistance may vaccinated at the Patewood Saturday drive-through site or at their physician’s office.
· Oct. 5, Center for Family Medicine, Greer, 5-7 p.m., drive-through clinic.
· Oct. 6, Trailblazer Park, Travelers Rest, 2-7 p.m. This drive-through event includes walk-up option for walkers and cyclists using the nearby Prisma Health Swamp Rabbit Trail.
· Oct. 19, Center for Family Medicine, Greer, 5-7 p.m., drive-through clinic.
· Oct. 21, Greer Soup Kitchen, Greer,11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., walk-in clinic.
Flu shots for kids
For kids, Prisma Health-Upstate will offer Saturday drive-through flu-vaccination clinics at its Patewood Medical Campus. The clinic, located outside Building A, will run every Saturday in October from 8 a.m.-noon.
Appointments for the Patewood clinic must be scheduled in advance. Parents of established pediatric patients can use the MyChart patient portal to schedule their child’s flu vaccination at either the Patewood drive-through clinics or their regular provider’s office. Individual pediatric offices will also offer clinics, including on Saturdays. For details on each office’s flu clinic schedule, visitwww.prismahealth.org/flu.