Greenville County Library System Offers Curbside Holds Pickup Service
Greenville, SC- The Greenville County Library System is pleased to start accepting returned library materials and begin offering curbside holds pickup on a limited basis. The library system temporarily closed its book returns and facilities to the public on March 18, 2020 in response to public health concerns related to COVID-19. On Wednesday, May 27 at Noon, exterior book returns at all 12 Greenville County Library System locations will be reopened to accept outstanding library materials. With the health and safety of staff and the community being a high priority, all returned materials will be quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours before they are made available for use again. Library cardholders can expect a delay of several days before returned items are removed from their library account. No overdue fines will be assessed during this time. Also beginning Wednesday, May 27, library cardholders who had materials on hold before the Library’s temporary closure will be contacted and asked to verify their continued interest in those items.
Beginning Monday, June 1, curbside holds pickup service will be offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10am – 1pm and 3pm – 6pm at the Hughes Main Library, 25 Heritage Green Place in downtown Greenville. This service will be available only to library cardholders who have been notified that their materials are ready for pickup. On Wednesday, June 3, the option to place new holds online or over the phone will be restored. Beginning Monday, June 8 curbside holds pickup service will be expanded to also include the following branch locations: Augusta Road, Five Forks, Greer, Simpsonville, and Travelers Rest.
How to Guide for Curbside Holds Pickups
1. Once you receive a holds pickup notification please call the library location where your item is available to let Library staff know when you wish to pick up your item(s).
2. Please be ready to provide your library card number over the phone so staff can check out your materials to your library account and have them ready for you when you arrive.
3. Curbside holds pickup service is being provided on a walk-up basis. Please visit the curbside service table located near the entrance.
4. Please be ready to provide your first and last name and the last five (5) digits of your library card number to ensure quick secure service. Library staff will retrieve your materials and place them on the service table for you to pick up.
5. Take your materials home to enjoy!
Curbside holds pickup and other library services may be modified based on the Library System’s ability to provide them in a socially distanced manner and as resources needed to help limit the spread of COVID-19 can be obtained. We will continue to monitor guidance received from government agencies including the Governor’s Office, the CDC, and SC DHEC. About the Greenville County Library System
Founded in 1921, the Greenville County Library System operates 12 facilities and a bookmobile. GCLS provides resources, services and programming that champion literacy, inspire learning, and foster community connection. The Library System strives to be the community’s first choice for exploration, discovery and information. Learn more at greenvillelibrary.org.