2019 Outstanding Youth Awards
The Outstanding Youth Awards Initiative, organized by coach, author and speaker Brittney Brackett, celebrates its fifth annual event at 10 a.m. Nov. 16 at the Hyatt Regency in Downtown Greenville. The event’s theme, Local Talent, Global Leadership, celebrates the future of the Upstate in its creative, committed youth. The awards were open elementary, middle and high school students in the Greater Greenville area with a minimum 3.0 GPA and good disciplinary standing. Categories include Scholar, Athlete, Entertainer, Volunteer, Innovator, Entrepreneur, and Overall Outstanding Youth of the Year. The brunch will also feature the organization’s first Milestone Outstanding Youth Champion, awarded posthumously to Victoria Nicole Mattison, the 20-year-old dance instructor and mentor at T-Motion in Mauldin, for her dedication to serving local student dancers.
For details and ticket information, visit https://www.outstandingyouthawards.com.
The 2019 award winners include:
· Overall Winner: Ramiah Dogan – children’s church teacher, summer camp counselor, student mentor at Christ Church Episcopal School, Michelin YES participant, community volunteer, entrepreneur and owner of Beauty Released
· Innovator: Bella Amore – competitive cheerleader, musician, actress, Bible study author
· Volunteer: Breycee Gamble – serves the homeless population through Sunday Dinner with a Twist and other forms of service
· Scholar: Tyler Pearson – outstanding scholar at Wade Hampton High School, participates in robotics, speech and debate and the Fine Arts Center, community volunteer
· Athlete: Sahyra Benson-Koehs – varsity competition cheerleader at Greenville High School, exceptional scholar, student council officer, community volunteer
· Entrepreneur: Christian Ryan Paul – student at Mitchell Road Elementary School, athlete, community volunteer, owns Jars with Many Meanings through which he sells decorated jars
· Entertainer: Luke Riley Smith – songwriter, entertainer, musician, plays several instruments, community volunteer