Apply by Sept. 6 for euphoria’s Healthy Lunchtime Throwdown
It’s time for Greenville County’s junior chefs to bring their best efforts for the Healthy Lunchtime Throwdown at euphoria’s Sunday brunch, Sept. 22.
This is the fifth year for the event’s signature kids’ recipe and cooking contest, with the winning recipes taking center stage on Greenville County Schools’ lunch menus.
Young chefs apply and submit recipes in advance – by Sept. 6 – and those chosen will compete live at the brunch.
“They will cook with our Michelin chefs assisting as their sous chefs,” Morgan Allen, Executive Director of euphoria, said. “They don’t know who these chefs are and they don’t feel that pressure, but to get on that stage and cook in front of all those people – and the connections they make are really cool.”
Allen said the participating chefs ask about competition and love participating.
“It’s so unique and it makes a lasting impression on those kids and on the chefs,” she said.
The winner will receive a prize package from euphoria and have his or her recipe added to the Greenville County Schools menu during the 2019-2020 school year.
Apply and submit recipes online at http://www.euphoriagreenville.com/kidsrecipe.
Healthy Lunchtime Throwdown Guidelines:
1. Applicants must be a student between the ages of 8-18 in the Greenville County School District.
2. Recipe submissions must follow USDA School Guidelines.
3. The winning recipes will be added to all Greenville County School menus. Please be aware that recipes may be subject to modification to accommodate for allergies (milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and soybeans).
4. Please keep in mind that there are over 77,000 students in the Greenville County School District and that recipes must be budget friendly to be executed for that many students.
5. Remember that this is a Kids Cooking Competition and that all recipes should be child developed and not parent driven.
6. Applicants must be available the day of the Final Cook-off at euphoria's Sunday Brunch on Sept. 22 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Deadline for submission is Sept. 6, 2019.