Mail your letters to Santa by Dec. 15 to get a response
Parents hoping to convince their kids that Santa is real can get help from the United States Postal Service, but the deadline is fast approaching.
The North Pole Post Office must receive letters by Dec. 15 to get Santa's response to your child by Christmas. The Letters from Santa program sends a personalized response with the official North Pole postmark for those who follow these steps:
- Have the child write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
- Write a personalized response to the child's letter and sign it "From Santa."
- Insert both letters into an envelope, and address it to the child.
- Add the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE, to the envelope.
- Ensure a First-Class Mail stamp is affixed to the envelope.
- Place the complete envelope into a larger envelope, with appropriate postage, and address it to:
NORTH POLE POSTMARK POSTMASTER
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
The USPS also encourages parents to take photos of their children writing Santa or opening his response and sharing them on social media with the hashtag #LettersFromSanta.
The post office also offers tips on its website at https://about.usps.com/holidaynews/letters-from-santa.htm.