5 easy ways to save on your food bill
Clipping coupons from your local newspaper can save on groceries, but here are five more ways to cut back and save a few bucks.
- Meatless Monday: This trend to serve one vegetarian meal per week saves money and helps the environment.
- Do-it-yourself pizza crust: A 2-pound bag of yeast costs less than a delivery pizza and lasts more than a year in the freezer.
- Meal planning: Check weekly sales online then select meals. Shop with a list to avoid buying $200 worth of groceries only to find there’s still nothing for dinner.
- Add veggies: Stretch ground beef by adding extra black beans on taco night or mushrooms to spaghetti.
- Waste not, want not: About 40 percent of food that is produced is never eaten, according to the Natural Resources Defense Council. Eat fresh produce quickly — and remember those leftovers!
Read or Share this story: http://www.upstateparent.com/story/life/food/2015/10/19/five-easy-ways-save-your-food-bill/74245292/