5 tips for making time to exercise after baby
Need some tips for getting active?
- Schedule time every week so you make a date with yourself to attend a class, take a walk or just get out of the house and move. If you put it on the calendar and treat it like any other appointment you will be more likely to move it.
- Bring a small bag of necessities for your baby. Pack a small bag with a diaper, wipes and a lovey. Remember to bring a snack and water for you as well. Even moms need to refuel.
- Look at your exercise time as mama time. It is a way to connect with other moms and provide yourself a community of moms doing exactly what you are, being healthy for your family.
- Don’t worry about your little one getting tired or frustrated. There are classes and programs specifically designed for you and your baby. The moms and instructors there know how to help you keep them entertained and happy without missing a workout for you.
- Take a walk outside and enjoy the day. Even if you don’t want to join a class, getting outside for quick (or slow) walk around the block can be just the thing you need to make it until the next feeding and nap time.
Read or Share this story: https://www.upstateparent.com/story/life/family/ages-and-stages/2018/05/08/tips-making-time-exercise-baby/34661789/