Kid’s craft: Paper Plate Animal Masks
Does your child love animals? Are you having a birthday party at the zoo or on a farm?
We have a fun, easy craft that will turn your party into a menagerie. With a few inexpensive items — most can even be found at the dollar store — and a little imagination, your guests can make their very own masks to become their favorite animal.
- Paper plates
- Construction Paper
- Paint and brushes
- Elastic cording
- Cellophane tape
- Write guest’s name on top of plate — they will be decorating the bottom.
- Cut eye holes in center area of plate.
- Poke a small hole on either side of plate near edge.
- Let children decorate the plate to resemble their favorite animal using paint, crayons, markers and construction paper — adults should help with cutting — let paint and markers dry, if needed.
- When completely decorated, measure elastic cording and insert each end into the small holes and tie a knot. Tape knot to secure.
Have an animal parade with all the guests wearing their handmade masks and show off their creativity.
If you make one of our projects or have an idea you would like us try, please send me a note at mlavine@UpstateParent.com.
Remember, you can find step-by-step photos for all our craft projects on our Pinterest page. Be sure to follow us at https://www.pinterest.com/upstateparentsc/ for parenting tips, party ideas, recipes and much more.