Father’s Day Kids Craft: Photo Drink Coozie
We’re focusing on dads this month so it seems fitting that we create a simple gift for that special guy in your life.
Summer is here and temperatures are on the rise in the Upstate. Why not make Dad a personalized coozie for his favorite ice-cold beverage? For a few dollars and a little bit of time — and some creativity — you and the kids will have a fun, practical gift Dad can use again and again.
Drink coozies are available with every message, sports logo and event imaginable these days, but I bet Dad doesn’t have one like this yet. Dads love special, personal gifts and what’s better than a one-of-a-kind drink holder with his favorite photo? This easy, inexpensive project can be personalized by each child in the family.
- Foam drink holder
- Favorite photo(s) – no larger than 2 inches square
- Foam or scrapbooking stickers
- ¾ inch duct tape for crafting
- Mod Podge (matte finish)
- Foam brush
- Paint back of photo with Mod Podge and glue to foam drink holder. (Repeat for any additional photos)
- Create a frame with duct tape making sure to overlap edge of photos.
- Decorate with stickers.
- Paint front of photos (and scrapbooking stickers, if used) with a few thin coats of Mod Podge to seal. Let dry.
*To clean: wipe with a damp cloth. Do not scrub or submerge. Not dishwasher safe.
Follow us to find step-by-step photos for this craft and more on our Pinterest page at www.pinterest.com/upstateparentsc.