Kid’s craft: Tissue paper flowers for Mother’s Day
Do you need a last-minute Mother’s Day gift? Do you have small children? We have a simple craft that can be completed by children of almost any age. With a few minutes and some inexpensive supplies — which you may already have lying around — you can create a handmade bouquet of paper flowers that Mom is sure to cherish.
- Tissue paper; assorted solid colors, cut into approximately 6 inch squares
- Green Pipe Cleaners
- Layer tissue paper squares on top of each other in multiple directions. Use multiple colors and more layers for a prettier, fuller look.
- Gather pieces at the center (into a cone-like shape).
- Fold a pipe cleaner around your finger approximately 1 inch from the end.
- Wrap over the gathered center of the paper.
- Twist pipe cleaner to hold paper in place.
- Fluff the edges to form the flower.
Repeat as many times as you would like to create a bouquet and tie with a ribbon for presentation.
Follow us on Pinterest.
Find this and other crafts on our Upstate Parent Pinterest page.