Sick of the same old date night? The Upstate has more to offer than dinner and a movie. Here are 10 ideas for date night.
1. See the Swamp Rabbits play. The season ends this month, but there is still time to catch a game. The Swamp Rabbits play Atlanta at 3 p.m. April 2 and play Cincinnati at 7 p.m. April 7. April 7 is fan appreciation night, so tickets are just $10 each. Go to www.swamprabbits.com for more details.
2. Take a cooking class at Plate 108. There is a huge variety of classes in April from ethnic food to the southern favorite, a low country boil. Classes start at $65 per person.
3. See basketball like you've never seen it before. The Harlem Globetrotters bring extreme showmanship and fun to the court! The Globetrotters will be at the Bon Secours Wellness Center April 1 at 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
4. Go to a concert. Christian hip hop band Toby Mac is playing at 7 p.m. April 4 the Bon Secours Wellness Center.
5. Test your problem-solving abilities at Breakout Escape Games, 614 North Main Street or Escape Room Adventures, 1220 John B. White Sr. Blvd in Spartanburg. Participants are locked in a room and must work together to use clues to solve a mystery and unlock the door to escape the room.
6. Go rock climbing indoors at Climb Upstate, 6655 Pottery Road in Spartanburg, or Mountain Goat Climbing, 61 Byrdland Drive in Greenville.
7. Go for a bike ride on the swamp rabbit trail.
8. See a show. Something Rotten is playing at the Peace Center April 11 – 16 and Sister Act is on stage at Centre Stage April 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7.
9. Go out for ice cream at Hub City Scoops in Spartanburg and then play miniature golf at the adorable free course downtown.
10. Watch cyclists from around the world compete in the Spartanburg Regional Healthcare Criterium from 4 p.m. until 9 p.m. April 28 in downtown Spartanburg.