Disney-Pixar’s “Cars 3: Road to the Races” nationwide tour will make a pit stop noon to 5 p.m. May 19-20 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, North Carolina.
Walt Disney Pictures and Pixar’s “Cars 3: Road to the Races” nationwide tour will make a pit stop noon to 5 p.m. Friday, May 19, and Saturday, May 20, for a free fan event at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, North Carolina.
Children and their parents are invited to participate in various activities and get a sneak peek of the movie. The free event is open to the public.
The Charlotte event is part of a nationwide tour to promote “Cars 3,” the newest film in the smash-hit franchise. Life-size, character lookalikes of five-time Piston-Cup champion Lightening McQueen (voiced by Owen Wilson), tech-savvy Cruz Ramirez (voiced by Cristela Alonzo), and the sleek next-gen racer Jackson Storm (voiced by Armie Hammer) will be rolling into the Charlotte Motor Speedway to celebrate the new movie, which opens in theaters nationwide June 16.
Children and their parents will have the opportunity to take photos with “car stars” from the movie, including Lightning McQueen, Cruz Ramirez and Jackson Strong. There will be a host of family-friendly activities, including free fruit smoothies, an interactive play area featuring locations from the movie, and a first look of the new movie in the Cinetransformer Mobile Movie Theater.
- Alamo Rent A Car is hosting a street art booth and will bring “Cars 3” to life with a giant coloring mural featuring Lightning McQueen and friends, along with a color pencil pack souvenir.
- Coppertone is creating a racer pit crew that encourages visitors to take part in a tire-changing activity and photo-sharing opportunity.
- Crest and Oral-B celebrate the Road to the Races tour, providing fans with an opportunity to create a digital postcard with Lightning McQueen and get “Cars”-themed oral care products.
- Dole invites visitors to fuel up and recharge their batteries, sample high-octane fruit and vegetable smoothies, and collect “Cars 3”-inspired recipes.
- Mattel presents an interactive play area, which sends Lightning McQueen and other racers down the gravity drop and launches them into action in new play sets that feature locations from the movie. Also on display will be a collection of die cast racers from past and present.
- Fans will be able to catch a sneak peek of the movie in the Cinetransformer Mobile Movie Theater. Mack Trucks Inc. will also transport the life-size character cars on the coast-to-coast tour. Visitors will also be able to take photos with the life-size character cars. In addition, the sports national youth program NASCAR Acceleration Nation will display the science behind NASCAR racing, and elements from the NASCAR Hall of Fame will allow attendees to get up close and personal with the history of NASCAR.
Charlotte Motor Speedway is approximately a two-hour drive from Greenville.
In addition to Charlotte, the roster of cities includes Miami, Dallas, Greensboro, Chicago, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Denver and Los Angeles, among others—the full list is available at CARS3tour.com.